Telstar Logistics knows very little about this 1956 Mercury Montclair, except for the following:
- It was parked on Duboce Avenue below the US 101 Central Freeway viaduct in San Francisco.
- It has been parked here and there on this street for at least 10 years.
- It parks here so consistently, it even shows up on Google Street View.
- It has always looked as if someone may live in it.
- Over time, as the Montclair's glass has disappeared, it has been replaced by a shell-like cocoon made of duct and packing tapes.
- When we took these photos, there was a gentleman sitting behind the wheel.
So there you have it. Everything we know about this strange car.