No, these aren't segments of a new NASA rocket. But pretty soon, there's going to be a lot more Molson beer in the world.
Toronto's BlogTO explains why:
For the last few days, six giant beer vats have slowly plodded their wayt through the last 108 kilometres of a journey that started in Burgstadt, Germany and that will end sometime tonight or early tomorrow morning at the Molson Coors Brewery on Carlingview Drive [in Toronto, Canada]. The vats were originally supposed to arrive early today, but cold weather and difficulties with hydro wires that needed to be taken down to accommodate the over-sized vehicles have led to a slight delay.
Here are a few of the somewhat staggering statistics related to the journey:
- $24 million (cost for the tanks and the move)
- 40+ support vehicle convoy (police cars, utility vehicles)
- 35 police officers (to guide the trucks and control traffic)
- 250 traffic lights taken down and put back up
- 1600+ Hydro wires lifted or taken down to accommodate the vats)
- More than five and a half million bottles of beer can fit in the tanks